Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

IT'S A BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE AND BLOG HOP

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

It's a birthday celebration!!!  Crafting When We Can is having their 1 year birthday challenge and blog hop. You should have come here from the lovely and talented Poppet.  Isn't she terrific! If you have started here no worries.  Hop on over to  Crafting When We Can and start from there.   

For this challenge you must enter a birthday card with a "1" in it ie 1, 16, 21 etc. 
We have several sponsors and a blog hop!  

Here are the cards I have made


This is my princess card.  The images are from one of my fave companies: 

I colored them with Whisper Strokes, Copic and Stampin' Up markers.  I added some Stickles from Ranger to sparkle them up. After all every princess should sparkle.  I also added some Glossy Accents to Snow White's hair to give it a shiny black look.


I decided to make a Center Step Card to display these gorgeous Disney images.  I got the idea from one of my favorite Sassy Designers: Regan.  She did a gorgeous bride step card not to long ago.

The inside sentiment was a free one from Create with TLC just this past week.  I saw it and thought it was perfect for this card.  The front was done by me on Word.

 
The papers come from Core 'dinations, Bearly Mine, Papercraft Inspirations and some generic. The ribbon is Darice. I used pearls from The Queen & Co. and flowers from Petaloo.

Here is my second card.  It was made for a very special little boy:


A nephew of mine named Kaleb.

He has just turned one.  How perfect is this image from:

I colored the planes with Copic and Whisper Strokes markers.  I added some Glossy Accents to the cockpit for the glass look.  


This is another inspired card.  I recently saw this Tri-fold card done by another of my favorite Sassy ladies - Kim.  I thought it was lovely and wanted to incorporate it into a card for Kaleb.  My all time favorite designer is also from Sassy.  She reminded me she also did this fold and I had forgotten.  She is none other than Rebecca.  (Just because she is my sister has nothing to do with her being my favorite.) Check out her card here

All of these sentiments also come from Create with TLC.  I must say I get most of my sentiments from her.  The papers I used are from Reminisce and my stash.  All the stars are stickers from Nicole. 

Here is a list of our fabulous sponsors:


The winner will receive 5 images from The Digi Garden. Our 2nd place will receive 3 images of their choice from Dilly Beans Digi Stamps. Our 3rd Place will receive 2 images from
Saturated Canary.

Follow the hop through all of the DT's blogs and then comment on the Crafting When We Can blog to say you've done it!  THREE commenters will be chosen at random (from a random DT blog) and they will win one of the prizes offered by the sponsors below.

Sassy Studio Designs, Kenny K and Dude Time Doodles

These are all such wonderful companies. Stop over and check them out.

Now on to the really fun part.  You will continue on your hop by heading over to the fabulously talented Crafting Vicky.  She has some gorgeous creations for you to look at. 

Here is a list of the entire hop:

Caz 


Here are the challenges I have entered:

Princess card:

Bearly-Mine #52 - Anything goes
Party Time Tuesday #85 - Multi-Fold Cards
Divas by Design #52 - For a child
Charisma Cardz #36 - Shaped cards
The Poodles Parlour - Here come the girls
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Anything goes 4 a kid
Card and Scrap - Use flowers
Oozak #6 - Sparkle

Kaleb's birthday card:

Bearly-Mine #52 - Anything goes
My Time to Craft #188 - More than one fold
Party Time Tuesday #85 - Multi-fold cards
Sweet Stamps #82 - For the guys
Divas by Design #52 - For a child
Charisma Cardz #36 - Shaped cards
Paper Play #37 - Fancy folds
Raise the Bar #111 - I believe I can fly
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything goes 4 a kid

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and are having loads of fun on the hop.  Please visit again soon!


32 comments:

Ime said...

Great card!!!thanks for joining us at Kaboodle doodles

Shelby said...

Both of these cards are fantastic and love the different folds you've done. The princess card is so gorgeous and love how you've used 3 different images! The second card is a perfect little boy card and love all of the different sentiments you've used. Fantastic work

Shelby

Anne Bente said...

waww hvor er den bare flot♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.
knusss♥

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both are just fantastic, great images & colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Cat's sCrap said...

What a creativity ! Two wonderful cards.

N°1 : 3 magnificent princesses. Beautiful papers and interesting layout. The inside was woked as well as the outside. Ideal for a little girl ! Congratulations !

N°2 : Chidlish style. I like ! Sensible choice of colours. Fantastic composition with the sentiments and the images. Ideal for a little boy. Bravo !
Everything is paerfect !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cadz this week and good luck !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Unknown said...

Great cards! Sassy studios is one of my fav's as well and the three Disney princess' were a perfect choice for a birthday girl. The airplane for a boy was inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

Crafting Vicky said...

Both of these cards are STUNNING! I totally love that you have done some unusual folds. I'll have to try out that center step card. I really love how it has turned out.

Anonymous said...

Two brilliant kids cards, love your fab designs and great images...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Céline said...

Really gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Céline said...

me again, perfect card for our challenge
thanks for playing with us at BTC&G this month
hugs
céline

Julia said...

Beautiful Card! Love the colors, image and style!
Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!
Hugs,
Julia

Vicky said...

Two wonderful cards, love the stepper card fab idea, and the plane card is just perfect for a little boy hugs vicky

Wendy said...

Fabulous cards...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous cards i love them both. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Both cards are fab. Love your colouring.

Caz

Unknown said...

Wonderful card for a child. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, thankyou for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW both cards fit our more than one fold challenge perfectly!!!
love them!!!
thank you for joining us at MTTC!!!

Jacki Daniels said...

Beautiful creation thanks for playing along with us at poodles
Jacki xx

Ann said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!

Melissa said...

How adorable are these?! You do fantastic work.

Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

~Melissa, PTT DT
kelseymel.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Fabulous cards, thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week.
Jenni x

Annika said...

What a great idea to make both a girl and a boy card! And both where perfect!!! A lovely princess card and a cool airplane card! You are really good!!!

coops said...

both so stunning robin.your designs are fantastic and i love the images :D

xx coops xx

Dorthe said...

Thanks for joining us at the Card and Scrap challenge.

mandy said...

Wow Hun both cards are fabulous the card folds are lovely :)

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz :)

Hugs Mandy xxx

Carol said...

Both your cards are gorgeous Robin, I love your folds and you've made fabulous use of the images. Carol x

Bonnie said...

Two really awesome cards. I love Sassy Studio Designs so I especially like the princess card

Aideen said...

Wow the folded card is awesome!!

Thanks for entering By The Cute & Girlys September challenge!!

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

You were quite a busy girl. I love them. You really outdid yourself. Remember when you used to claim you couldn't craft and had no talent??? How are you feeling now????

~*Joni said...

Adorable airplane card! Thank you so much for joining in on our I Believe I can Fly challenge over at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards!! Thanks for playing with Oozak.com!! There's a new challenge up today - hope you can play along! :)